Dental Cleaning Explained by the Burbank Dentist
Your teeth are as important as any other part of your body. You need to take good care of them so that they stay healthy and last longer. This is why your dentist Burbank strongly recommends professional teeth cleaning regularly. It’s important for your dentist to check your teeth for any potential problems that may lead to serious damage later.
What Is Dental Cleaning?
It’s important to point that dental cleaning is different from the normal teeth cleaning done at home. The latter refers to brushing your teeth at home, twice daily as told by your own dentist Burbank.
However, dental cleaning means a cleansing process performed by a professional dentist like Dr. Sahakyan at My Dentist Burbank. Visit him for more guidance. Inquire on if your teeth require cleaning. He would first carry out a routine dental exam. Accordingly he would determine whether or not your teeth need thorough cleaning.
Why Is Dental Cleaning Required?
There are a few reasons why you might need to go for professional dental cleaning Burbank. Besides that, it may be a good idea to ask your dentist for more advice on this.
- To Remove Plaque – Plaque refers to the thin sticky layer of bacteria forming on your teeth. This may happen because of incorrect brushing techniques. This can also happen because of sticky foods get stuck in your teeth.
- To Remove Tartar – If plaque thickens because of improper dental care, it may form tartar. Besides that, tartar can’t be removed easily with brushing or flossing at home. Therefore, you will have to go for a professional dental cleaning Burbank procedure.
- To Remove Discoloration – Your teeth might have stains on them owing to excessive consumption of caffeine, some medications or even tooth injury.
- To Check For Any Other Oral Infection – Sometimes when your teeth aren’t cleaned properly, it may result in a gum or bone infection or disease. Let your Burbank dentist take a look.
What Happens in Dental Cleaning?
Following is a step-by-step detail of what Dr.Sahakyan, the best dentist in Burbank, would do during dental cleaning.
- Your dentist would first conduct a routine exam of your mouth, including teeth and gums. Most important, he would check for any possible cavity formations or tooth decay.
- If the dentist notices any plaque or tartar formation on the teeth, he would remove them using dental tools.Dr.Sahakyan may use a scaler to scrape off any bacteria formation along the gum line and between the teeth.
- Next, he would use an electric toothbrush and fluoride-base toothpaste to professionally brush your teeth.
- He would then floss the teeth to remove any stuck particles between the tooth spaces.
- Finally, you need to rinse your mouth with a liquid fluoride solution to remove any leftover debris.
Deep Dental Cleaning Procedure
Sometimes your Burbank dentist may also recommend deep dental cleaning. This is somewhat similar to basic dental cleaning, with the only addition of root planing.
Root planing refers to the process of removing plaque and tartar from the roots of the teeth. Therefore, the name deep cleaning. Most important, always check with your dentist in Burbank which process would be required. He would offer you the best guidance depending on your condition. Moreover, a deep cleaning procedure may require two dental visits.
Dental cleaning is an essential part of your tooth-cleansing process. Sometimes simple brushing may not be enough. Therefore, visit Dr.Sahakyan at My Dentist Burbank and ask what more can be done to retain your beautiful smile. Call on 1-818-578-2332 and book an appointment with the best dentist in Burbank.