Dental Fillings Burbank
A composite (tooth colored) white fillings Burbank are successfully used in modern dentistry. Such fillings are an integral part in the treatment and restoration of a your teeth.
As composite fillings are tooth colored. They can be closely suited to the color of existing teeth. They are more aesthetically matched for use in front teeth or the more apparent areas of the teeth. Dr. Sahakyan at My Dentist Burbank can place dental fillings in a relatively short time and with very little discomfort. After our dentist has recovered your tooth, you should enjoy a healthy, dynamic bite. Call 1-818-578-2332 for an appointment.
Reasons for Composite (white) fillings:
- Decayed teeth.
- Chipped teeth.
- Broken or cracked teeth
- Closing space between two teeth.
- Worn teeth.
Composite fillings are used to treat:
- Enamel erosion
- Wedge-shaped defects
- Injury of teeth
Composite seals are used for:
- Teeth color correction
- Fissure sealing
Dental fillings represent treatments through which decayed teeth are restored to their natural function and aesthetics.
Because it seals the spaces where bacteria can protrude inside a tooth, a filling also is used to avoid further deterioration.
The materials utilized for fillings may be comprised of gold, a composite resin (tooth-colored filling), porcelain and an amalgam such as an alloy of silver, copper, mercury, tin and, in some cases, zinc.
What are dental fillings made of?
Dental fillings can be made of different materials, such as:
- Amalgam: the easiest material to be used by a dentist. It represents the quickest and least expensive choice;
- Composite resin: these are tooth-colored fillings;
- Ionomers: tooth-colored materials often used for small cavities or cavities between the teeth;
- Gold: it is expensive and more difficult to work with;
- Ceramics: they are quite expensive, tooth colored ones. Several visits to our dentists’ office might be required to apply them.
- If you require dental fillings, or if you need more information on this subject, you are welcome to contact our dentists in Burbank.
Do You Need a Composite (White) Filling?
If you have developed a small or medium-sized cavity, you will most likely require a filling. Cavities appear due to harmful deposits that destroy the enamel of the teeth and enter its interior, continuing to expand the destruction of the tooth. The cavity should be removed immediately. After the destruction of the hard tooth tissue, inflammation occurs. Therefore, the cavity should be removed as soon as possible and fill the hole that appears when removing the cavity.
Composite (White) Filling
Composite fillings are the most widely used today. A composite filling is a white filling. It is specific in its composition, which is suitable for sticking to the surface of the teeth. The composite filling provides communication with the tooth so effectively that there are no breakages. The power of composite fillings is much greater than the strength of the tooth. For this reason, it happens that the tooth itself breaks down, and the filling remains untouched.
Composite filling`s properties allow you to choose a filling that does not differ from the color of the adjacent teeth. Moreover, modern composites can serve as a material for sculpting the damaged part of the tooth after destruction. If you compare the composite with traditional filling materials, then with their help you can make a filling that no one will notice. Our dental office has the best dentist Dr. Sahakyan who perfectly performs his duties and cooperate perfectly with patients who need to remain calm and tolerant during treatment.
Composite Filling Materials
The composite material is made of glass and small pieces. They constitute 60-70% of the composition of the composite material. The remaining 30-40% is a composite. For a composite filling, softness is characteristic, which allows for the ideal placement of fillings in the tooth hole. To ensure that the composite filling becomes firm, ultraviolet rays are used. In our dental office, you can order a preventive dental examination, as well as a number of activities, if necessary. Call 1-818-578-2332 if you need a composite (white) filling.
The Advantages of Composite Fillings:
- Aesthetics – they allow you to accurately select the color and shade of the filling (light seal).
- Strength – the material binds to the tooth tissues due to the chemical reaction.
- Convenience in work – composite fillings allows you to eliminate various tooth defects without a large amount of preparatory work.
- The secret of strong teeth is usually only one visit to the dentist.
- Composite materials that are produced, help restore the aesthetically pleasing tooth.
- Metal-free- As composite resins are not made of metal, your dentist can blend and mix shades to find the perfect color to match your natural teeth.
- Functionality – it is good to chew food, the shape of teeth does not change.
- They have high durability.
- Do not contain mercury.
- You can eat immediately after the filling.
- If damaged they can be fixed.
- They may be used on front and back teeth without exposing aesthetics.
- The service life is long.
Have no fear, our dentists in Burbank are here!
Many times, we postpone or avoid a visit to a dentist’s office because we are afraid it can be painful and uncomfortable.
Rest assured, our experienced dentists will make sure there is no pain involved when filling a tooth. Here is the procedure followed by our dentists in order to apply dental fillings:
- First things first: a local anesthetic is utilized to numb the area around the tooth which will be filled;
- An air abrasion tool, a drill or a laser is utilized to eliminate the decay;
- Probing or testing the area to ascertain if the whole decay has been eliminated;
- Preparation of the area for the filling by cleaning the cavity of debris and bacteria;
- In case the decay is located next to the tooth root, a liner made of glass ionomer, composite resin or some other material is put first in order to protect the nerve;
- The filling is placed;
- The filling is polished and finished.
Filling of Teeth in Burbank Dental Office
- Absolutely painless technologies
- Modern techniques, methods of treatment and filling of teeth
- Composite materials of the latest generation
- A full range of works to restore chewing function, health and aesthetics of teeth
- Experienced professionals
- Increased comfort
The Technique of Tooth Filling
- Filling of the tooth is performed in one session. Preliminarily removed necrotic areas of the tooth, cleaning the tooth cavity and forming its walls under the seal.
- All process is performed under local anesthesia. Thanks to the use of modern drugs, you can avoid any pain.
- After installation, the seal is ground and polished. When the filling is over, the patient did not even notice how the time passed and did not feel anything.
You can decrease your risk of cavities and other dental diseases simply by:
- eating a balanced diet
- flossing daily
- brushing your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste
- visiting the dentist regularly.
If you are confused about your smile because of dark fillings or decay you just want more natural looking teeth, you may be a good candidate for composite resins. Our highly qualified specialists provide all types of dental services, including treatment, filling, restoration, restoration, prosthetics, as well as performing occupational hygiene measures for the oral cavity. Using the latest generation equipment and modern filling materials allows guaranteeing a positive result even in hopeless cases. To find out the prices for tooth filling by composites, you can call 1-818-578-2332.