Holistic Dentist Burbank
Holistic dentistry is one of the forms of modern dentistry. It examines the impact of dental treatment on the entire body of the patient. Holistic dentistry is also called biocompatible or biological dentistry. Practice takes into account the effects of dental procedures on the general state of human health. It supports the natural ability of the body for self-healing and regeneration. Holistic dentistry uses minimum of invasive procedures, non-toxic materials and safe methods of treatment.
Holistic dentistry includes an understanding of each patient’s entire well-being, from their particular cosmetic, functional, structural, and health-bounded dental needs to the anxieties of their whole body and its wellness.
The Main Goals of Holistic Dentistry
- Mercury Safe Dentistry
- Usage of the safest materials
- Commitment to patient’s well being
Holistic Dentistry Strategies
Preventative care and good dental hygiene are major parts of holistic dentistry. Holistic dental care extends beyond preventing, diagnosing, and treating dental diseases. Holistic dentistry is different from traditional dentistry:
- Holistic dentistry prefers prevention. Prophylactic dental treatment begins at home. The holistic dentist will help to learn proper oral hygiene. The next stage will be a periodic check of the teeth. Invasive procedures are minimized.
- Holistic dentists tend to keep the teeth of patients as long as possible. Their weapons of choice are special non-toxic varnishes or sealants. Instead of a traditional drill, the holistic dentist will use more sparing devices, such as scalers, a laser, if it proves to be extremely necessary. Special sealants can be used in patients with a high risk of tooth decay, and sometimes for patients with initial signs of caries.
- Holistic dentists consider and use effective non-toxic materials, taking into account their influence on the overall health of the patient. They try to use biocompatible materials as much as possible to reduce the toxicity of the effects on the body. It means that the holistic dentist will not use a filling material with toxic constituents, fluoride, will avoid antibiotics as much as possible.
- Holistic dentists avoid the treatment of dental roots, as the bacteria remaining in the tooth that undergoes such treatment move to other parts of the body, including vital organs. It can lead to additional health problems.
- Pastes used in holistic dentistry are extremely natural, non-toxic and do not interfere with the remineralization of tooth enamel.
- The holistic dentist avoids such harmful procedures as the installation of ceramic (porcelain) veneers. The dentist uses safer methods to improve the appearance of the smile. (e.g. sparing bleaching or a composite material that does not require the removal of a layer of dental tissue from a natural healthy tooth).
- Holistic dentistry claims that proper diet and healthy dietary settings, including abstinence from certain types of food are most important for oral health.
- Gum treatment is performed with natural remedies, e.g., oils and natural vitamins, food additives, nutrition correction. Holistic dentists avoid operations on the gums.
Features of Holistic Dentistry
Holistic dentists know that the use of amalgam fillings containing mercury and nickel can be very bad for overall human health. Mercury flows and can poison the entire system, and many people are allergic to nickel. They extract these metals and replace them with fillings with compound resins or porcelain. Also, the holistic dentist will never use metal fillings.
Our Burbank holistic dentist will ask you to take a blood test for specific tests to determine your overall health, just to check if the mercury has fallen out of your old fillings into the blood.
A holistic dentist can recommend that you take some extra vitamins before the procedures in order to treat you at your optimal level of health. The Burbank dentist can also recommend you to take supplements after treatment. And also to give recommendations on changes in nutrition.
Holistic dentists avoid performing any operations on the gums. Treatment of gums they carry out with the help of natural remedies (say, oils and the intake of natural vitamins, food additives).
Many holistic dentists use the latest technology when it comes to working on teeth. Lasers and new air methods can replace an old drill of a dentist. Some offices are also equipped with ionizers to extract all traces of mercury vapor that are released when old fillings are removed.
Digital X-rays with low dose radiation
In addition to the usual X-ray images and examination of your teeth and gums, a holistic dentist will perform an electrical reading of your fillings and crowns. Almost all holistic dentists use low-radiation X-rays to reduce the amount of radiation that you receive.
Holistic dentistry cares about the health of the body as a whole. According to holistic dentistry your mouth, and what gets into it, affect your immune system. As a consequence, they affect your health in general.
Where Can Patients Find Holistic Dental Care?
Interested people can find a holistic dentist in Burbank. Using safe materials and technology, the Burbank dentist Dr. Sahakyan makes naturally beautiful smiles. He uses conservative procedure for comprehensive dental care that is focused on saving the health of the whole body.
Burbank residents turn to our dental office for the exclusive quality of service.
- Cosmetic, biocompatible, materials
- Private attention and customized treatment
- Tooth bonding
- Advanced prophylactic care, including ozone therapy and laser bacteria reduction
- Minimally offensive techniques to preserve healthy tooth shape
- Artisan quality smile improvements
- Porcelain reductions including crowns, veneers, and fillings (inlays and onlays)
- Excellent care in a welcoming and warm environment
Dr. Sahakyan considers dental medicine is more than treating tooth decay. He focuses on the entire body connection in each patient. For more information, please contact our dental office. Call 1-818-578-2332 for an appointment today.