Dental Implants Burbank
The absence of even one tooth leads to the movement of the remaining teeth and changes in the occlusion. Therefore, it is necessary to replace missing teeth as early as possible with the help of implantation. Implantation of teeth is the best solution to the problem of missing teeth.
Dental implants Burbank provide an opportunity to improve the quality of life, restore the full functionality of the dentition. It returns the appeal to a smile and also protects yourself from loss of bone tissue in the place of the missing tooth.
What Is a Dental Implant?
An implant of a tooth is an artificial root of a tooth. The dental implant is made of titanium. This metal is the most suitable for the human body. It does not cause allergic reactions, rejection perfectly fuses with the jawbone.
After a minimally invasive procedure, an artificial tooth is fixed to the implant by the best dentist in Burbank, Dr. Sahakyan. It does not differ from the natural tooth either in function or in appearance.
The process of implantation is divided into two stages, depending on your particular clinical circumstances:
One-stage implantation is a method of implantation that does not require waiting time before the installation of the tooth or other types of recovery operations.
After the diagnosis, the dentist Burbank assesses the anatomy of the bone and its density. In the one-stage procedure, the implants are placed, covered with the gum tissue and left to integrate or fuse to the bone. After a 3-5 month period, this healing cap is removed and replaced with a permanent fitting called the abutment. It takes the form of a core and post. The crown or replacement tooth is fixed in place over the abutment.
In the two-stage procedure, a cover screw is placed flush over the top of the implant. The gum is sewn up over it for the period of healing. During this stage, the implant is uncovered and healing cup is attached to the implant which connects it to the mouth above the gum. After the gums have healed, the healing cap is removed and replaced by the abutment. Now the tooth is ready for the new crown.
Dental Implants Procedure
Types of Dental Implants
This is the most commonly used type of implant. This type of implant is also called root implant. Various types, which have the form of a screw, cylinder or plate, are surgically placed into the jawbone. Each implant can serve as a support for one or more teeth. This type of implant is usually used as an alternative to removable dentures and bridges. These implants are placed in the jawbone and are most commonly used in two-stage surgery.
They are attached to the surface of the jawbone with a metal rod which passes through the gum and holds the prosthesis. This type of implant is used in patients who can not wear conventional dentures or if the jaw height is insufficient.
Subperiosteal implants may be used in patients who have a shallow jawbone and cannot want to undergo a procedure to rebuild it.
When Is Tooth Implantation Performed?
- Implantation is indicated in the absence of 1 or more teeth, when healthy teeth stand side by side, not requiring treatment and restoration of the crown.
- The absence of the last teeth, when there is no possibility to put a non-removable bridge prosthesis
- The absence of all teeth on the jaw. In such cases, you can install only 4 implants on the lower jaw and 6 - on the upper jaw, and with support on them to restore the dentition with fixed prostheses.
Do You Need Implants?
Dental implants restore the aesthetic appearance, functionality, and also help to solve many other problems of teeth or mouth. If you need dental implants, first of all, consult Dr.
Sahakyan, the best dentist in Burbank, at My Dentist Burbank.
You need dental implants if:
- You do not have one or more teeth, it does not matter - in front or in another part;
- You lost all your teeth and want to restore the whole mouth as before;
- You suffer from painful, descending gums;
- You want to maintain a healthy jaw bone, avoid a particularly dangerous atrophy.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- The teeth restored on implants are more durable than bridges. Correctly and regularly caring for new teeth on implants, they serve a lifetime.
- Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth.
- Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better.
- Dental implants can restore not only the crown of the tooth, but also its root, so dental implants can reduce bone damage.
- Dental implants keep your teeth in your mouth, not in a cup, similar to dentures.
- Dental implants do not have to be anchored to other teeth, like bridges.
- Titanium, which is used for the production of implants, does not cause allergic reactions, rejection and ideally fuses with the jawbone. An implant (titanium screw) fixes the crown of non-metal ceramics - this shaped tooth replacement is ideal for chewing and helps to create perfect hygiene of the oral cavity.
- Teeth retrieved on implants are not removable - this is a fixed structure.
- Often new teeth on implants return not only the health of the oral cavity but also a young look and self-confidence.
How Long Will Your Dental Implant Last?
The minimum dental implant life is about 30 years, and if all the prescriptions of the dentist Burbank are observed, the implant will last you a lifetime.
How to Care for Dental Implants?
Dental implants do not require the use of special care products. The rules are very simple and practically do not differ from the known standards of hygiene. It is sufficient to use a brush, dental floss, and irrigation. Avoid the accumulation of food residues in the dental spaces by brushing your teeth at least twice a day.
A toothbrush made of natural bristles is better, but you can also buy a special brush designed for implants. No special hygienic means for maintaining clean implants are required.
If you want to have dental implants, one of the most important decisions you can make is your choice of implant dentist. Choosing the right dentist will help you get the best results from your implant surgery. Call 1-818-578-2332 or contact Dr. Sahakyan, the best dentist in Burbank and schedule a consultation today.