Emergency Dentistry Burbank
Emergency dentistry Burbank, will help to correct tooth problems whenever they arise. Your teeth are the main part of your body. They are necessary for eating, chewing and also for smiling. A dental emergency can be because of number of instances that require you to call or go to the dental office immediately.
Emergency cases in dentistry are nearly always associated with pain. It is not only extremely painful, but it can be simply dangerous for health, fraught with damage to the nerve bundles in the oral cavity and loss of teeth.
Rapid elimination of the problem is the main component of emergency dental treatment. Please contact Dr. Sahakyan at My Dentist Burbank immediately if you need emergency care.
What are Dental Emergencies?
Some common dental emergencies are:
- Knocked out tooth
- Broken or cracked tooth
- Painful toothache
- Object stuck between teeth
- Soft tissue injury
- Abscessed tooth
- Jaw injury
- Oral bleeding and swollen gums
- Dental emergency for children
- Broken or lost crown or filling
- Broken braces
Damage such as lost crowns, broken dentures, loose fillings, chipped teeth, broken braces etc. should be addressed as soon as possible.
If your tooth knocked out, make an emergency dentist, Dr. Sahakyan, at My Dentist Burbank.
- Rinse the tooth under water, holding it by the crown.
- If possible, gently re-insert the tooth into the vacant socket.
- If you cannot re-implant the tooth, put it into a clean container of milk and bring it to us. As we can determine the possibility of reattachment.
Any damage to a tooth should be treated as soon as possible.
- A broken or cracked tooth should be rinsed immediately with warm water.
- Apply a cold compress against the affected tooth to reduce swelling.
Each of us can suddenly catch a toothache. Often it happens at work, or at night when you sleep. Emergency dentistry at My Dentist Burbank will help get rid of acute toothache at the first minutes of treatment.
- Rinse the mouth regularly with water.
- If the swelling is present, place a cold compress on the outside of the cheek.
- Use dental floss to remove any trapped bites of food.
- Call us immediately and we will see you as soon as possible.
Acute toothache may appear for several reasons:
- deep caries;
- exposure of the neck of the tooth;
- trauma or tooth crack;
- poor-quality filling of carious cavity or root canal;
Object Stuck Between Teeth
If something caught between your teeth:
- Mildly floss between teeth and the object in an attempt to remove it.
- Do not use acute objects to remove the item. This could cause additional injury.
- Protect the affected area by avoiding eating until the item is removed.
- If you can not remove the item, Contact us or call 1-818-578-2332 at once.
Soft Tissue Injury
Damage to the soft tissues such as the cheeks, gums, tongue or lips can result in pain, bleeding and swelling. Mild soft tissue damage will often cure on its own. Persistent bleeding or pain may require professional treatment.
Bitten Lip or Tongue
A bitten tongue or lip can be a painful annoyance. If you have a deep cut or bite on your tongue, lip cheek, or other soft tissue:
- At first, you should clean the injured area thoroughly with cool water.
- Then, apply cold compresses to decrease any swelling or pain.
- If bleeding has not mostly stopped after 15 minutes, we recommend visiting the emergency room, as you may require stitches.
An abscessed tooth also needs emergency dental care, depending on the pain that persists.
Abscessed teeth happen when tooth decay and cavities go untreated. They may also be caused by previous injury to the tooth, a crack in the tooth.
The first signs of an abscessed tooth are a pain and toothache when chewing or biting down. Another symptom is a swelling of the jaw.
A dentist bores out the decay, then flushes the root with a root canal treatment. It will clear the area of the abscess.
In the situation of a broken jaw, at first, you should go to your local emergency room. You can use a cold compress to reduce any inconvenience you might feel. If you have ache lost teeth as well, contact us only after your physician has cleared you.
Oral Bleeding and Swollen Gums
Oral bleeding and swollen gums symptoms are signs of gum disease. They should be taken gravely to prevent common oral health problems. The disease causes gums to retreat. It can even weaken teeth and cause them to fall out. If your gums are prone to bleed, visit our dental office and we will immediately diagnose your problem.
Children’s Emergency Dentistry
Parents should monitor the condition of their children’s teeth and not bring the situation to a critical one. If the child has a sudden toothache, you should immediately go to the Burbank emergency dentist.
The causes of acute pain in the mouth can be:
- caries and its complications;
- teething or change of teeth;
- inflammation of the gums;
- injury to the jaw;
- acute periodontitis;
In the treatment process, Dr. Sahakyan at My Dentist Burbank takes into account all the factors of the development of the disease. He chooses the best ways to achieve the desired result – complete elimination of toothache.
Emergency Dentistry Procedure in Burbank
Emergency dentistry in Burbank includes the following procedures:
- treatment of pulpitis, periodontitis;
- X-ray diagnostics;
- extraction of teeth;
- surgical procedures, opening of abscesses;
Emergency dentistry in our dental office is an urgent help to the patient in case of acute dental diseases. If you are concerned about pain, contact us immediately. Dr. Sahakyan at My Dentist Burbank will quickly help you in any situation.
For more information about our emergency services or to schedule a consultation, contact us or call 1-818-578-2332 today.
We can help you, anytime, any day. If your dental health is at risk, we will do everything we can, as soon as possible.