What Is Halitosis?
Have you ever felt uncomfortable because you have bad breath? This can be very disturbing and can cause a lot of anxiety to people. Stores are overflowing with mints, mouthwashes, gum, and other product to control your mouth odor and make it better.
Using all these products is a temporary solution and you must find the permanent fix for this problem. There are certain foods and other items that can cause bad breath and make you feel very bad about yourself. All these items will reduce the bad breath level but you never make it go away.
Causes of Bad Breath
Various factors lead to bad breath. Some of the factors are listed below.
- Dental issues: If you have an infection in your teeth or have a bad oral hygiene schedule, you will definitely have bad breath.
- Dry mouth: If you have a dry mouth, there are chances that it is caused because of alcohol, medicine, stress, or even medical conditions. You will definitely have a bad breath in this case.
- Smoking: smoking leads to starvation of oxygen in the mouth of the person. This will surely lead to bad breath.
- Kidney failure: this is a lesser-known fact but it is true. If you have any problems with your kidney, chances are that you will have bad breath too.
- Foods like cauliflower, garlic, onion have different kinds of odors that will affect your mouth odor.
These are some of the basic instances, which can lead to bad breath, but there are a number of other reasons that can cause this. All you can do in this case is to maintain a good oral hygiene routine and stay true to it. You need to realize that your bad breath can cause a lot of issues in the future, which will have huge implications on your life. Only if you realize this at the right time, you will be able to overcome it in the right manner.
How to Treat It?
Now that you know that having bad breath is not a good time, you would definitely want to treat it. Let us try to understand how we can move ahead in our life and leave this back.
There is no one treatment for this issue but you have to continuously keep updating your schedule and oral hygiene in a manner that aligns with your problem. The entire treatment is dependent upon the concept of the cause of the problem. Try to avoid dehydration and maintain good oral hygiene, which includes brushing your teeth and flossing them.
You can use a good kind of mouthwash and toothpaste to maintain good oral hygiene. Most importantly, you should clean your tongue gently and effectively. Besides, you can use different kinds of tongue brushes and scrapers that can help you with this. There is an endless number of toothbrushes and tongue cleaners available in the market, you should use the best one for yourself and use it gently. Your tongue must be brought in a very gentle manner when you are going from the back towards the front.
Why Choose Us as Your Dentist Burbank?
We are one of the best dentists in Burbank and have a very capable team who can handle this issue and make it right. Burbank halitosis can be sought after if you use the right things. You must make sure that you are always taking care of yourself and using good products. Call Dr. Sahakyan at 818-578-2332 to book an appointment. You can also visit the clinic for consultation. We will be happy to help you!