Steps from the Burbank Dentist for Dealing with Toothache
Pain in the tooth can be quite a put-off. If it’s mild and tingling, you can still tolerate it, but severe throbbing pain becomes too much to bear. It’s always important to consult a dentist whenever you experience a mild or severe toothache. You need to know the root cause of the pain. Once your dentist has examined your teeth, he’d tell you ways to cope with your pain.
Dr. Sahakyan is one such popular dentist in Burbank, who offers expert dental services in the region. Here are some easy steps to follow, as advised by him, to obtain quick relief from toothache.
How to Deal with Toothache?
As mentioned above, it’s recommended to see your Burbank dentist as soon as your tooth starts aching. But until you get there, you may try these self-help remedies at home for faster results:
- Rinse your mouth with salty lukewarm water.
- It might be a good idea to floss your teeth for removing any stuck food particles.
- In severe pain, taking an over-the-counter painkiller can help. However, don’t place the medicine directly against the gums to avoid the burning of gum tissue.
- Apply a cold compress on the outside part of the cheek where the tooth pains. It helps numb the pain.
- Take an ice cube in the same hand as the side of your painful tooth. Rub the ice in the space between the thumb and forefinger for a few minutes. The area would turn numb. Research shows that ice can stop pain signals to the brain.
- Clove oil works wonders on the sore area. You directly or dabbed using a piece of cotton.
- Try chewing a piece of garlic; it’s known to have some amazing properties like clove oil.
While these self-care tips might do you good, never procrastinate or miss visits to your Burbank dentist. Early diagnosis of the problem can help resolve the issue faster. Be sure to call Dr. Sahakyan, your very own dentist in Burbank, in case you notice any of the following:
- Persistent pain lasting more than a day or two
- Unusual fever
- Inflammation followed by pain upon biting, red gums, or discharge with a foul taste
- Breathlessness or difficulty in swallowing
You can look forward to gentle care regarding toothache at Burbank dental clinic. Our dentists are highly trained in conducting dental examinations and suggesting appropriate remedial measures.
Possible Causes of Toothache
Your tooth may start painting unusually because of any of the following reasons:
- Food lodging between the teeth, especially in between tooth spaces
- Swelling or infection at the root of the tooth or in the gum area
- Pressure on the tooth because of injury or excessive teeth grinding
- Tooth or tooth root fracture
- Tooth split that may happen over time
- Teeth that emerge through the gums such as wisdom teeth. They don’t find enough space to erupt or grow normally and are known as impacted wisdom teeth.
- A sinus infection usually felt like a toothache
Never ignore the slightest occurrence of toothache. Your dentist would tell you exactly what causes pain and how to deal with it. Try some of the home remedies as first aid earlier. But if no improvement is noted in a few days, don’t delay the visit. Discuss your fears and concerns with dentists at My dentist Burbank openly. You may call 818-578-2332 to book an appointment today.