Hypodontia Treatments: How To Fill A Gap In Your Teen’s Teeth
It is important to know that not taking the right step can lead to a lot of embarrassment. It will lower a person‘s confidence. Most importantly, it will make them feel inferior. Missing teeth is a reason to affect your self-confidence.
Hypodontia is a condition where you have missing teeth. According to various surveys, the primary teeth of a child come by the age of three and all permanent teeth arrive by the age of 12 and 14. Wisdom teeth arrive later. Hypodontia refers to the absence of 1 to 5 of these primary or permanent teeth. Dentist Burbank helps you in finding the solution for Burbank hypodontia treatments so that you can feel better.
What Are the Causes of Hypodontia?
- It can be because of congeniality or missing teeth. Where the tooth birds do not form properly within the gums of a child this condition.
- It can also occur because of tooth agenesis. This is a condition where your teeth do not develop properly.
- Anodontia is a condition where you do not have any teeth.
What Are the Problems of Having Missing Teeth?
According to research, the most common missing permanent teeth are the wisdom teeth over the upper middle incisors. It can affect your ability to chew food and also it will hamper your confidence. It will also cause various fundamental issues. Other surrounding teeth can also move into space. It can lead to various problems in your speech, bone growth, and also gum damage.
What Are the Treatment Options for Hypodontia?
- If you go to a dentist during the early days of hypodontia, mainly during your childhood, it can lead to better conditions in the future. You should go for preventive dental care instead of going to the dentist at the very end. You should go for x-rays and go to your dentist to get that checked. With the help of an x-ray, your dentist will be able to diagnose hypodontia very early. You can then go for treatment. If more than one tooth is missing, your dentist will tell you to go for replacement options. You can also go for partial dentures, bridges, or also dental implants. Various orthodontic treatments can also be used to close the gaps between your teeth.
- Closing the gap between your teeth is very important. Not having teeth can be a very stressful and upsetting situation for a teenager. The treatment is not simple when you grow up. This is the reason why you should go to the dentist as soon as possible.
- There is an endless number of ways in which you can go for an orthodontic solution, which will help you in bridging the gap. An orthodontist can create a space in the area where your tooth should have arrived. It will make a room for an implant. It can also lead you to other treatments.
- Fill the gap in your teenager’s teeth as soon as possible because there are various problems and treatment options associated with it. It can lead to crowding into a vacant spot, which will not leave room for the adult teeth to emerge. This will lead to crooked teeth.
For any kind of dental treatment, you should reach your dentist at the earliest. Especially when you are in your teenage years, to give a boost to your confidence, make sure that you take the right treatment for your teeth from a dentist in Burbank. Call Dr. Sahakyan at 818-578-2332 to book an appointment at the earliest. At, MyDentistBurbank, we will help you in the best way possible.