Four Important Questions to Ask Before Getting Dental Veneers
Is anyone out there who does not want to look good? The fact is we all. The first thing that enhances our looks and personality is the way we smile. A perfect smile makes us look confident while talking to people at workplaces or any other gatherings. Unfortunately, teeth with stains and crooked teeth affect that smile and we feel cautious about our look and feel low in confidence while having a conversation with people. Now, dental veneers provide a cosmetic solution for teeth with permanent stains or teeth that are out of shape. For Burbank dental veneers, you can contact our expert Dr. Sahakyan to proceed further with your cosmetic dental restoration process. First, let us see what a veneer actually is.
What Is a Dental Veneer?
As mentioned earlier, a dental veneer is almost a permanent solution to our teeth that have removable stains or are broken or crooked. A veneer is basically an artificial thin layer that is attached to the front surface of our teeth. The color of a veneer can be customized and matched to the existing color of teeth to look more real. A veneer can be made of different materials. Let us explore the two most popular types of veneers available in the market.
Types of Veneers:
- Ceramic or Porcelain veneers: As the name itself suggests, a ceramic veneer is made of a thin layer of ceramic. This is a long-lasting way to increase the aesthetic look of our teeth. This looks natural and fits directly into the teeth. These last for almost fifteen years if we take care of the veneers properly.
- Composite Resin Veneers: This is cheaper compared to ceramic veneers. This type of veneer is made of composite resin and the color is customized to match our teeth so that it looks perfect and real. A dentist applies this veneer directly to the patient’s teeth. This type of veneer lasts for three to seven years with proper maintenance and care taken.
To know more about orthodontic veneers or any other dental treatments, visit our site online. The URL is mydentistburbank.com. Now, we may have some doubts or questions regarding dental veneers. Hence, lets us dig more into such queries.
Four important questions to ask before getting dental veneers:
1. Am I fit for opting for dental veneers?
Consider the following things before opting for dental veneers:
- Your dental conditions are stable except for permanent stains or you have crooked tooth or teeth. Damages here are believed to be minor.
- You have tried teeth whitening products but are not fully satisfied with the results.
- You have maintained your teeth properly.
2. How long it may take to fix our teeth with veneers?
Generally, it may take two to three visits to a clinic. During the process, the dentists will check the oral conditions, prepare your veneers and implement them to your teeth.
3. Do veneers hurt?
No, it is not a painful process to get veneers. A few patients may feel a little sensation but are not scary at all.
4. How long do dental veneers last?
As mentioned earlier a porcelain veneer lasts for around 15 years and composite resin veneers last for 3-7 years if you maintain them properly.
Additionally, you may not be sure about a place from where you can get your dental veneers. Then MyDentistBurbank can just be the right choice for you.
We have years of experience behind us to provide quality oral treatments and maintain a 100% success rate. Book a slot in advance to consult our Dentist in Burbank by calling us at 8185782332.