CEREC Same Day Crowns Burbank
CEREC crown system provides modern technology for fast and high-quality manufacturing of orthopedic structures. The acronym CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restorations of Esthetic Ceramic. It is a CAD/CAM (computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing) technology, which is used by Dr. Sahakyan at My Dentist Burbank for creating same-day dental crowns and various types of dental restorations. This is a progressive method of treatment that provides excellent results. For just one trip to the best dentist in Burbank, the patient gets a dazzling smile.
What Is CEREC Same Day Crown Technology?
The CEREC technology is positioned as one of the most economical and aesthetic methods of restoration in dentistry. The use of CEREC technology in dentistry has brought about a lot of benefits. A huge benefit of CEREC technology is that all procedures are performed during one visit to the dentist.
The traditional dental crown process requires multiple visits to the dentist. It usually takes at least a week to recover a damaged tooth. With CEREC dental crowns this restoration can be done within one visit to the dental office.
Thanks to CEREC technology dentists can now place dental crowns in much less time. Please contact Dr. Sahakyan at My Dentist Burbank immediately if you need CEREC same-day dental crowns.
The CEREC system includes:
- High-precision 3D-scanner;
- A computer for working with the received pictures;
- Milling machine for grinding the designed products.
The equipment works on the latest software eliminating the possibility of making errors in the calculations. The whole process of prosthetics takes a minimum of time, which makes the system very popular.
When Do You Need a CEREC Crown?
If you have a severely damaged tooth or a tooth in which the canals were treated, it is necessary to protect it with a crown or an insert. These measures improve the long-term forecasts of such teeth. For more information, please contact or call 1-818-578-2332, Dr. Sahakyan at My Dentist Burbank.
How is the CEREC crown made?
- First of all, Dr. Sahakyan at My Dentist Burbank will prepare a tooth for the treatment procedures. The only thing that can slow down a little the procedure for restoring your teeth is the presence of hard dental deposits, caries, and other dental diseases. If there are no such problems in the oral cavity, the dentist in Burbank will immediately start the treatment procedure.
- The dentist, using a special compact CEREC 3D camera, scans the area of the defect, which is subject to restoration. The information is transferred to the computer. With the special software, the images are combined and a virtual model of the oral cavity is built with a special precision of all anatomical and functional elements.
- To simulate the future prosthesis a computer CAD / CAM system is used. It analyzes information about the oral cavity, the closing of teeth. It notes the shape, size, and features of the prosthetic bed and many other parameters. Later the CEREC system independently constructs the missing parts of the teeth in the model.
- The CEREC CAD / CAM system not only simulates the crown but also automatically pulls it out. The computer is connected to the milling module, in which the ceramic blank is laid. The module provides information about the geometric parameters of the future crown. From the workpiece in the automatic mode, the real crown is already milled, completely corresponding to the computer 3D model. The manufacturing time is 15-20 minutes, after which the Burbank dentist can try on the design.
- Fixation. The dentist immediately fixes the prosthesis, using special dental cement. The accuracy of fit is ideal up to microns. Usually, artificial CEREC teeth have no errors.
CEREC Same Day Crown Made in Burbank (Video)
Benefits of CEREC Technology
CEREC system is famous for its many advantages:
- Elimination of the human factor.
- The high speed of tooth restoration: Instead of 1 – 3 weeks, the manufacture and installation of the crown takes about 1.5 hours.
- Absolute accuracy of products: Each prosthesis is made using computer technology, which excludes errors and shortcomings in the creation of orthopedic structures.
- Biocompatibility of materials: Crowns CEREC and other structures are made of strong durable hypoallergenic ceramics with excellent aesthetic properties, like natural tooth enamel.
- High aesthetics: All-ceramic restorations CEREC optimally match the shape and color of natural teeth. This is the only CAD / CAM program that allows you to form the chewing surface of teeth using a bioengineered tooth model. As a result, you get a model similar to the natural shape of the tooth. In the case of CEREC, for each patient, the computer will create the most beautiful and relief restoration.
- No more need for taking impressions: Impressions are not removed, temporary constructions are not made, there are no repeated visits. With CEREC the dentist simply takes an optical impression of the prepared tooth. And the whole procedure takes only a minute.
- Provided excellent tightness of the crowns without falling under the edge of food and saliva.
- The complete reproduction of the microrelief with an ideal fit.
How Long Does It Take to Make a CEREC Crown?
The whole process takes 1.5-2 hours from start to finish. It is no longer necessary to have a lot of visits and make temporary crowns. The crown will be ready in just one visit. CEREC technology supports various types of heavy-duty and aesthetic ceramics. All materials are very aesthetic and biologically compatible with human tissues.
How long will the crown last?
CEREC crown has one of the best long-term forecasts. As a rule, the work serves more than 20 years, provided that good oral hygiene and regular dental control are observed.
If you need a new or replacement restoration, Dr. Sahakyan at My Dentist Burbank is more than happy to help. If you have any questions about same-day dental crowns with the CEREC technology or you’d like to schedule a consultation, please contact our dental office at call 1-818-578-2332 today.