What Are Some Fun Facts about Teeth?
At Mydentistburbank, we trust it’s imperative to not only give high-quality care to our patients but to inform them about their oral health to ensure that they can be empowered to live healthy lives.
This write-up intends to explain some fun facts about teeth we thought you’d enjoy learning about.
Burbank Dental Fun Facts
- The enamel present on the top surface of your tooth is the hardest component of your whole body.
- Teeth start to form when a baby is in the womb
- Incisors, canine, premolars, and molars are the four different types of teeth humans have
- Teeth can’t repair itself
- Baby teeth and permanent teeth are the only two sets of teeth humans have in their entire lifetime.
- There are no two persons with the same set of teeth
- Teeth have their own blood supply and nerves.
- Our mouth generates over 25,000 quarts of saliva in a lifetime
- Many diseases like heart disease, osteoporosis, and diabetes are linked to your oral health
- Chlorine can wear down the enamel, so keep your mouth closed while swimming
- Teeth caries are important clues about our overall health
- Has your tooth been knocked out? Place it in milk and hold it in your mouth—this will help your tooth to survive longer. Visit your dentist right away.
- Tooth discoloration means tooth decay
- If you ignore removing plaque regularly, it may harden and develop into tartar.
- Soft drinks are harmful to teeth
- Teeth are a lifelong record of our personal history
We all at some point have experienced a toothache. To put it honestly, none of us enjoy it. Some would go to great lengths to bring an end to this intolerable pain. A toothache is generally caused by tooth erosion, gum infection, or a crack in the tooth. Even though we haven’t always known this, in the past some methods to remove pain are truly beyond belief.
Interesting Facts about Teeth
Our teeth have an essential function to play in our lives. They help us chew and digest food. Most importantly, they help us to talk and speak clearly. Besides, they also give our face its shape. A set of straight, white beautiful teeth helps us in enjoying a stunning smile. This accordingly, gives us greater confidence, as well as influences our social lives, careers, and relationships.
Every time we smile, talk, frown, or eat, we use our mouths and teeth. Our mouths and teeth, to put in simple words, help us make different facial expressions. Teeth help form words by controlling airflow out of the mouth besides, the lips and tongue.
Healthy Teeth Are Important: Dentist Burbank
It is important to protect your teeth from cavity-causing bacteria. Want to learn more? Don’t worry if you’re new to the neighborhood and looking for a new dentist, or need assistance with an emergency dental problem. Reach us at Mydentistburbank to keep your teeth clean and enjoy a bright smile.
Call MyDentistBurbank today at 8185782332 to book an appointment with Dr. Sahakyan.
As you learn the facts about teeth, you realize the importance of taking good care of your oral health.