What Is the Difference Between Veneers and Crowns?
Over the years, like other technologies, dentistry has also been experiencing a lot of advancements. Dental disorders are common and there can be many. In earlier times complex dental issues could not be fixed easily. Today, by virtue of modern technologies, and treatment procedures, an end number of solutions are available to fix our dental issues. Dental veneers and crowns are the results of such advancements. Both are advanced ways of restoring our teeth. In addition to this, both are very effective and have got a huge success rate in treating patients. Both cost almost the same and are made of similar materials. But there are differences between them as well. The main difference is the purpose for which these tools and techniques are adopted. If you are looking for a dentist Burbank regarding the same, simply contact us at MyDentistBurbank, your future destination for curing dental disorders.
Now, before, we discuss the differences between a veneer and a crown, let us know a few basic details about these tools.
What Is a Veneer?
A veneer is a thin customised layer or coat made of ceramic or porcelain and can be made of resin as well. It is a popular teeth restoration technique. It is cemented to the front layer of our teeth.
What Is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a ceramic cap or also known as an artificial tooth. This can be temporarily fit or cemented on the top of a broken tooth. But, most preferably dentists do surgery to implant an artificial tooth root first. Then they place or fit the cap to the tooth root that works as the support for the cap or crown.
So we can clearly see that both tools are used to restore our teeth but they have differences. Let’s see.
What Are the Differences Between Veneers and Crowns?
- The major difference is the purpose. There are other differences too.
- A veneer is attached or cemented only to the front surface of our teeth. Whereas crowns three dimensionally cover the entire broken tooth or the placed to the tooth root, also covering the total surface of the affected section.
- Veneers are used to fix crooked teeth, cover tooth stains, and fix teeth gaps. We use veneers more to enhance the aesthetic look of our teeth. On the contrary, crowns are used to protect the broken tooth and replace a missing tooth or teeth via a surgical procedure called dental implants. Crowns also hold dental bridges and prevent tooth decay.
- Dentists do not need to conduct complex surgery to attach veneers. On the other hand, dental experts conduct surgery to implant titanium tooth roots into the jaw bone for placing the crowns. This is a long-lasting teeth replacement solution.
- If a tooth or teeth has severe infection, veneers are not the perfect treatment solution. Whereas crowns can be implanted in such cases. So purpose wise they are different as mentioned earlier.
So, we can see veneers and crowns have a lot of differences between them. But in the end, they both can bring back our smile, enhance self-confidence, and boost our overall personalities but in their ways.
Finally, it is important to mention that both of these processes need orthodontic experts. To achieve a 100% result, you need to visit the best clinic for consulting the best dentists. At MyDentistBurbank, we take care of all the possible dental issues one can face. We are well equipped with modern treatment facilities.
Finally, it is important to mention that both of these processes need dental experts. To achieve a 100% result you need to visit the best clinic for consulting the best dentists. At MyDentistBurbank, we take care of all the possible dental issues one can face. We are well equipped with modern treatment facilities.
For Burbank veneers and crowns, contact our expert Dr. Sahakyan at 8185782332 and enjoy a healthy dental life. We also request you to visit our site mydentistburbank.com.